Monday, August 8, 2011

Sadness is a wall between two gardens.

Today I am sad.  There.  I said it.

I seldom, if ever share that I feel that way with anyone.  If I do, I get the ol' "It could be worse" or "There are some a lot worse off then you are" or "Oh please, what do you have to be sad about?"

 Being sad to me has many facets.  I am sad that summer is over and my baby is entering the 8th grade.  I am sad that another summer has almost passed.  I am sad that a dear friend of mine lost her mother last week and another friend has a dad who is in a nursing home.  I miss my friend Scott.  I miss Aunty Barb and my Busia.  I don't deal well with death be it 24 years, 6 years, 1 year or 1 week since they have passed on.  I am not sad for them, I am sad for me and all of us who miss them.

However being sad doesn't mean I am wallowing in it.  It doesn't mean that I am focusing on the negative.  It doesn't mean I am not aware of all of the blessings that surround me. It just means that for today I am allowing myself to feel whatever I feel.  Today I feel sad.

Tomorrow is brand new day.


2 Corinthians 12:10  Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 comments:

  1. I so relate to this. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! You were on my mind this morning as I was running errands!

    ReplyDelete